Return on investment of CPTED to satisfy ISO 22341 (free access to draft)
ISO 22341 international CPTED standard requires Return on Investment of (ROI) of CPTED intervention to be positive.
That is, all CPTED interventions must be guaranteed to provide greater benefits than their costs. This means ROI of CPTED interventions must be calculated in relation to the CPTED situation being addressed and involves:
- Targeting CPTED and identifying priority crime types to be addressed
- Identifying the amount of annual crime risk for those crime types
- Identifying the annual cost of those crime risks
- Identifying the annual cost of the CPTED intervention
- Calculating the Return on Investment of the CPTED intervention to ensure that it is positive.