Just out! The 2nd edition of Boss-Gram Newsletter here on:
- Information Risk Assessment
- Layering for business cyber-protection
- Apple cyber-security
- New cyber-breach reporting in Australia
Boss-Gram Newsletter focuses on cyber-security across business processes, management, leadership and competitiveness - as well as IT.
Boss-gram Newsletters are free.
Subscribe at http://designoutcrime.org
Or read at http://designoutcrime.org/bossgram
Graffiti legal in NSW?
The City of Sydney proposes to modify its Local Environmental Plan to make graffiti legal as Art. Artists are pleased, but not everything is allowed.
New CPTED books
As apart of our new training direction, we will be publishing several practical CPTED books.
The first two are:
Think Shoplifting! A Guide to CPTED for reducing shoplifting.
Cyber-security and Cyber-CPTED
In addition is our new (and free!) cyber-security newsletter BOSS-Gram providing succinct, up-to-date practical cyber security information for managers and executives.
Dr Terence Love
Ask us about cyber-security services:
- Immediate cyber-security response (If you have been attacked - call us now! on 0434 975 848)
- Cyber-security risk assessment (What are the biggest risks for you?)
- Cyber-security plans (What you need to change for your business to be safe)
- Cyber-security installation (We can install cyber security software, hardware, etc.)
- Cyber-risk insurance (We can help you obtain cyber-insurance if appropriate - and advise on benefits and limitations)
- Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) (When you get hacked, everything is confusion. A Disaster Recovery Plan helps. Get us to make one now for you.)
- Cyber-security and physical security/crime prevention (Cyber-security and CPTED work together - ask us for more info.)
We also provide the free BOSS-Gram cyber-security newsletter for managers and executives (subscribe here- once a month, written for managers in plain English)
Confidential data management & transfer
On the technical side we also provide expertise in confidential data management and secure transfer of data. This includes properly fulfilling ethical standards of securely storing and transferring business data, and research data (e.g. interview, focus group, survey and questionnaire data).
We can also provide support, advice or systems with high levels of security with encrypted data, encrypted data storage and encryption of data transfer for SMEs and professional organisations.
- Secure FTP servers using SSL, SSH, SFTP, public and private key pair authentication
- Secure (SSL-encrypted) email services
- VeraCrypt (prev.Truecrypt) encrypted file containers (including cascaded encryption) using password only, password + keyfile authentification, and tokens, smart cards.
- SSL encryption of web pages and web traffic (https)
- GPG/PGP message, email and file encryption
- Secure SSL cloud servers and sites
- Guidance on secure communication in business and professional contexts
- Password management methods
- Managed hardened ftp and web servers
- File storage media (hard drives and USB sticks) encrypted with BitLocker, IronKey, VeraCrypt, Kanguru, via AES or equivalent, as required.
- Data storage wiped after use to international data cleaning standards British HMG IS5,USA DoD 5220.22-M or as required.
Our servers and primary hosting arrangements are with RackSpace, who are world leaders in SME to enterprise hosting and server provision.
The Design Out Crime and CPTED Centre helps organisations and individuals reduce the risks from crime.
Our focus is crime prevention in the real and cyber worlds. We have background in Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) with Design Out Crime (DOC), and cyber-security with a specialism in 'whole-of-organisation' cyber-security. This latter is because research increasing shows business process is as important as technical IT security for reducing cyber-crime risks. We also focus on practical ways of reducing problems involving young people in public spaces and in transport and shopping environments.
We provide the following services:
- Training in CPTED from Basic to Advanced
- CPTED review of planning and development applications
- Cyber-security for business management and executives to reduce risks from cyber-crime in office processes and when travelling
- Business process analysis to reduce cyber-crime risks and improve a businesses cyber security position
- Public lectures and presentations on CPTED and practical aspects of reducing cyber-crime risks
- Advice and guidance on managing young people in public spaces and transport and shopping environments
- Research and reports relating to crime prevention, practical cyber-crime prevention and crime and anti-social behaviour involving young people
- Development of complex systems models of crime prevention, cyber-crime and corruption protection.
Dr Terence Love (Director/founder)
Terence is Director of the Design Out Crime and CPTED Centre. He founded it as the Design Out Crime Research Centre in 2005. Terence specialises in the human, business process and IT aspects of crime prevention and security. His background combines over 20 years experience of analysis of the design of human and IT business process with strong technical skills in IT systems and security. He is author of over 100 research publications and has been Chairperson of the Joint WA Government/University e-business development committee, Manager of the Working for e-Business (W-eB) Research Centre (including cyber-security and information warfare) at Edith Cowan University. Terence is a professional speaker on practical security and privacy issues and undertaken research into crime prevention, community safety and security. Research funding sources have included the Federal Attorney General, the WA Government Office of Crime Prevention, the Police, Edith Cowan University and Curtin University. His approach ranges from training professionals on office and communication security (e.g. for the Institution of Mechanical Engineers) to development of complex security models (used by the investigators in the review of corruption in Brazil).
Dr Paul Cozens (Associate Director)
Paul is an internationally certified Advanced CPTED Practitioner. He has written a large number of research publications on using CPTED in real world situations, including a widely respected book Think Crime!. His background includes being adviser to the Western Australian government through membership of Premier and Cabinet committee representing the Office of Crime Prevention. Currently, Paul is also a senior lecturer in the School of Planning and Geography at Curtin University.
Dr Trudi Cooper (Associate Director)
Trudi is a highly-experienced research program leader and adviser who has led successful programs aimed at reducing youth crime and anti-social behaviour for government agencies, the police and the Federal Attorney General. Trudi has strong expertise in identifying and providing straightforward easy to read guidance on addressing crime and anti-social behaviour issues relating to young people. Trudi has over 30 years experience and an international reputation for her expertise in working with young people and training professionals to work with young people. In addition, she has a specialism and experience in developing robust effective inter-agency collaboration arrangements. Currently, Trudi is an Associate Professor in Youth Work at Edith Cowan University and an Australian OLT Research Fellow.
Page 1 of 2